Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Swatches and Review!

Jul 19, 2016 |
Hey hey friends! Hope you are well :)

I've had the UD vice lippies for over a month now and I'm ready to share with you my thoughts!!! at $17 a lipstick and 100 shades to choose from - it can be an overwhelming task! (but overwhelming in the best way :P)

They are broken down into 5 different finishes:

Mega Matte: super-intense matte
Comfort Matte: creamy matte
Cream: creamy, moisturizing finish
Metallized: cream with a high level of pearl
Sheer: a punch of color with a sheer, shiny finish
Sheer Shimmer: slightly transparent finish with floating pearl and smooth texture

The lipsticks I swatched for you only come from 3 of these finishes and I've only tried 4 of the finishes. I personally am not a shimmer/metallic kinda girl, so I have yet to try either of those! So let me show you the swatches and tell you my overall thoughts on each lipstick type!

Cream Finish Lipsticks:
RUSH: pink mauve cream 
INTERROGATE: medium peachy rose cream
MOSHPIT: berry plum cream

I LOVE the cream formula. They are very similar, if not identical to the original cream formula lipsticks that UD offers. They are extremely pigmented and hydrating. With their wear, it allows my dry (like seriously dry) lips to get some moisture love. I particularly liked the lighter shades (Rush has been nonstop on my lips as my every day color). For me, they lasted about 3-4 hours before it began to fade. The lighter colors still felt moisturizing, but the color needed to be reapplied (which I never minded!) but the darker color for me was slightly problematic. The color faded, leaving a pretty stain - however, the darker color would linger in the cracks of my dry arse lips... therefore leaving a quite frightening cracked lip look (a little bit zombie-ish!) if I didn't smudge my lips.. so definitely be sure to make sure to blend it out! 



 Comfort Matte Lipsticks:
CARNAL: medium warm nude
NOTORIOUS: medium berry

I LOVE myself a matte lip and I received 714 which was originally from the Gwen Stefani collection as a MEGA matte. 

Mega Matte: If you are a matte lover - you will LOVE the mega matte lippie. It took a couple of swipes to get even coating (although it is VERY opaque, it was just a bit harder to apply because of the formula) but it was moisturizing for a matte lipstick and legit kept on!!! It was probably on my lips for a good 6 hours before fading. 

Comfort Matte: The comfort matte is similar, but not as hard to apply and had a bit more of a slippery texture compared to the mega matte. Although I love how the product looked and felt (moisturizing for a matte lip!), I found the transfer and if my lips accidentally touched anything or if I ate, the lipstick would end up either on my teeth or on whatever my lips were touching! (haha.. not that my lips often touch many things . . . . . LOL) 

So there are pros and cons to both - if you like the matte lip and want it to be more comfortable but don't mind a bit of transfer - comfort matte is for you! If you want a matte lip that really stays but may feel a little more drying than other matte lippies - then mega matte is for you! 

Sheer Lipstick: 
TMI: soft mauve pink
 I love love love this lipstick so much. This was probably by far the most moisturizing of the four. It feels and looks similar to the creams, however it provides (obvi from the name) a more sheer coverage. My lips got sunburnt this weekend and they started bleeding a bit and you can see a bit of that on my lips peeking through (where as the others you can't) but this also has delicious buildable coverage so they aren't skimping on pigmentation either! This is a great lipstick if you are nervous to try bigger bolder colors and need to ease your way in! And the formula is wonderful as well! Man!!! UD does mauve colors WELL!!!

Here are all the color swatches I have in their glory! The Hot Pink one is not swatched because my friend really wanted it, so I gave it to her lol! but that one is Crush which is a hot pink cream! 

Here is also a video of the swatches if you would rather watch them in action:

Have you tried these lippies out?? Which one would you get?!?! I purchased mine from Sephora.com and Ulta.com, but you can also purchase online at urbandecay.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home