Mehron Metallic Powder in Gold

So I recently went to the Makeup Show and was able to stop by the Mehron booth. Now I've always known Mehron as a huge special effects and theatrical line, but I DID hear they had amazing foundations (WHICH THEY DO!!! REVIEW COMING SOON!) that I wanted to try out!

Anyhow, I was able to chat with the gorgeous Stephanie - the Creative Director of Mehron to talk about her favorite products from Mehron. She mentioned these metallic powders were some of her favorites. In one swatch, I knew why.
I received the metallic powder in gold - these are so versatile. You can use these alone for a gorgeous, pigmented color or because its so incredibly finely milled - you can mix it with a mixing liquid and get a super intense foiled look. Every time I put this on my eyes for shadows - I always get compliments! I also love to lightly tap this on my lips for a gorgeous golden sheen!

Left is the powder alone, right is mixed with Mehron Mixing Liquid

Color: Although this is gold - they come in 6 different shades. The color is extremely pigmented without anything... with mixing liquid it is unreal!!

Longevity: The powder without a base will last, but easily wipeoff-able. When I put a base, it lasted the day, but faded in color. When you put the mixing liquid - it will be on there for the WHOLE day! The golden color seriously didn't budge at ALL once I put it on!!! It is even water resistant.

Texture: It is incredibly finely milled and soft. It is a loose powder, so you will have to play with it a bit.

Ease: I'm not a huge fan of loose powders, however - this one was super fun to use and play with. I will say though, my brushes and table did get very golden and slightly messy. However, it was totally worth it!

Price: You receive 1 oz for 10.95 - in my opinion that is SOOOO cheap! For the amazing product you get - you get a TON of it for just less than $11! A total steal if you ask me!!!

Overall - I more than highly recommend this product!!! In fact - I want to pick up the other 5 shades LOL! (And it def wont even break the bank!) You can find this at Mehron online... however you can't find them at your usual makeup stores - they are sold in a wide array of theater and party stores that you can find here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home