Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Mask Review


Rather than talking all about different kinds of face masks.. I decided... I'm going to talk about my current FAVORITE face mask. Now Fresh has been one of my favorite skincare brands for a long time. All through out college I was religious with the soy cleanser and mists... and when I moved back to NY, my friend and I were obsessed with going to get facial at the Fresh store!

Fast forward a couple years, the Umbrian Clay mask and Rose Masks have always been my go to.. but now a new one that is pushing the rest to first place. So back then, my skin was always very clogged and oily (hence why i loved the umbrian clay) or temperamental (hence why i loved the rose mask). However now, my skin seems to just be dull. As I'm getting older (another birthday in 8 days ehhh), I'm finding that all I want to do is brighten my skin.

Along came this beauty and I'm so glad it came to my doorstep. Here's what they say about the Vitamin Nectar Face Mask:
Get glowing skin instantly with Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask. This powerhouse treatment improves the skin's radiance and glow by 31 percent after one use, and by 49 percent after four weeks of use. The revolutionary formula is powered by 50 percent real crushed citrus fruits including oranges, lemons, and clementines, naturally containing AHA fruit acids that work to gently refine and smooth the skin. This fruit blend comes in the form of a paste, which is made from lemons cultivated in the Mediterranean region—providing double exfoliation by offering a pleasant scrub, while the AHA fruit acid content offers a chemical peeling effect. A proprietary vitamin fruit complex is a potent blend of vitamins, citrus fruit extracts, and minerals that help revitalize dull skin for a vibrant, healthy-looking glow and soft, smooth texture. 
Here's what the product looks in the jar - kinda like jam! :P 

Here's the product smudged all over (this is about the thickness I would use it for on my face) 

Here is a break down of my thoughts: 

How I used it: On my clean face, I put the mask on my skin, I massaged it in which gave a nice exfoliation to my skin. I left the product on for around 10 minutes. After, I splashed my face with warm water and gently rubbed it a little bit. Then I took a warm wash cloth and wiped it off. Usually after this, I take a shower and rewash my face before putting on moisturizer etc. 

Texture: So the texture is kinda weird. It's gunky and lumpy and once you put it on your face and leave it for a couple of minutes, it begins to slightly tighten and dry into a sticky-ish, harder product. It doesn't dry down, but it just becomes tacky. The first time I used it, I had SO much trouble getting it off... I realized I should read the instructions and use a warm wash cloth (which worked effortlessly) 

Smell: I can't with this smell. ITS SO GOOD. Literally it makes me want a peach bellini on a summer day. I'm surprised I haven't "accidentally" licked it yet LOL 

How it feels during the mask: When I first put on the mask and massaged it in, it felt SO good. While I was letting it sit on my skin, it definitely tingled my face. At first, I was freaked out because I thought I was going to have a reaction, but then I realized it was probably the AHA cruise acids which create a slight chemical peeling effect. It didn't irritate my skin (no redness afterwards), however, if you have extremely sensitive skin, I would recommend you trying it on a patch of skin first! 

How it feels after I wash it off: My skin definitely felt more radiant. It was definitely a great double exfoliation (when you first massage it, and then the fruit acids afterwards) for my skin. I would say my immediate reaction was "omg my skin feels so soft and smooth" which is always a great reaction - however I also feel like my skin felt really invigorated (the way it used to feel when I would use the clean and clear citrus cleanser in the morning). 

Overall, I absolutely recommend this product... I mean it IS currently my favorite! I would definitely recommend using it the way I use this product because the first handful of times I tried this product I definitely had difficulty getting it off and what not! Thank you Fresh SO much for sending these masks over or else I would've been stuck in my mask bubble and wouldn't have gotten to try this one!

You can purchase yours from sephora , the fresh website or from the physical stores :) This product costs $62 for 3.3 fl oz.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home