Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon Review


Thanks to my wonderful friends at lookfantastic for sending over the new Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon Transformative Night gel-cream. I kept seeing it on the dermalogica instagram, but at the hefty $80 price, I wasn't sure if I was willing to invest yet! Now that I've gotten to try it for a week, I'm able to give you my thoughts!!

Here's what the Sound Sleep Gel-Cream claims:

Revitalizing treatment gel-cream transforms skin overnight by optimizing nighttime skin recovery. Tamarind Seed Extract creates a nourishing cocoon of comfort for softer, more hydrated skin while encapsulated, motion-activated French Lavender Essential Oil (with Sandalwood and Patchouli) work all night to promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin by morning. Other key ingredients include Persian Silk Tree Extract which reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality while Wu-Zhu-Yu Extract provides visibly radiant skin by the a.m.

It says it will increase radiance in the morning, reduce signs of skin fatigue and restore vitality, and promote deep, restful sleep for healthier looking skin.

Here's my breakdown:

Packaging: The Coolest, most hygienic packaging ever! You twist it and press it and it dispenses just the right amount of product for you! I hate that I can't see how much is inside, but I have to give kudos to their super clean, sleep packaging!


Scent: That french lavender is STRONG. like.. really strong. like.. it'll either make you pass out HARD or it'll make you sneeze kinda deal. I'm pretty sensitive to smell so it kinda took a while for me to get used to.. but by day 3 of using it before I slept, I kinda was in love with it.

Texture: It's definitely a gel-cream, but it's not heavy like I thought it would be for a night time product. It's definitely a gel texture, but was also slightly watery and melted right into the skin. After a minute or so, it's as if there is nothing on your face.





Melted in so quickly!

The Morning After: I'm not sure if it was psychological (lmao) but I do feel like I got better rest. Maybe it is as if you spray lavender on your pillow, but way stronger. I woke up more refreshed! I looked in the mirror every day - and I can't say that it looks more radiant or it reduced signs of fatigue (not even sure what that looks like via skincare).. but I did notice my skin looked smoother. I will update this post since I've only tried it for a week! I've heard of people saying that they did start looking more glowy and radiant and I will diligently try it to see if that happens to me too!

Overall, it seems promising! I definitely see how this can help you sleep. It is also wonderful in seeping straight into your skin so you don't feel like you have a thick mask on or something. This product definitely changed the texture of my skin for the better, but I'm also waiting to see how it changes my skin longterm to see if it will create more radiance!  

You can purchase yours here for $80 :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home