COVERGIRL Vitalist Elixir Lip Oil Swatches + Review


Hey hey! Usually I don't post much about drugstore products, but I have been getting lots of new drugstore items and drugstore products are really steppin up their game!!!

Covergirl so sweetly sent me a bunch of their new Vitalist line and my favorite products of the bunch?? These lip oils!

Because my lips have been sooo darn dry this winter, I've been wanting something nice and glossy to moisturize and soothe my lips. I mean, matte lips have been around for long enough, right? lol

This is what covergirl claims:

Vitalist Tinted Lip Oil is a transparent oil that delivers a comfortable, non-sticky, non-tacky shine. Formulated from a blend of nourishing oils with a lightweight texture that instantly melts onto your lips. This lip oil works hard to deeply hydrate, condition and soften your lips with every wear while the tint enhances the beauty of your natural lip color.
There are 6 colors available. I have two of them in Cherry Crush and Melon Granita. Below are the swatches!

Top: Melon Granita
Bottom: Cherry Crush

Melon Granita

Cherry Crush

Here are my thoughts:

Texture: This is literally like a lip gloss texture. It's super hydrating and moisturizing. It's very reminiscent of the YSL lip oils.

Packaging: It is in a standard plastic lip gloss container. The doefoot applicator is a smaller applicator, which means that I needed to reapply a bunch of times to get it on my lips.

Pigmentation: This literally gives the lightest tint. If you are looking for a punch of color, you won't find this here. As you can see the melon granita is almost like clear gloss.

Hydration: YES! I've loved this for the really dry days. It's not sticky, its not so thick, but it does do a nice job of hydrating the lips.

Lasting ability: It lasted about 2 hours before I needed to reapply.

Overall, I really enjoyed these. If you want a cheaper version of the YSL Tint-in-Oil, I think this definitely is a fraction of the cost and very comparable! You can pick these up at any drugstore :)

*Sent by covergirl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home