Bridal Hair! :)

May 31, 2011 |
This past weekend was a very special one. My good friend from childhood got married - in Tennesseee!!!!! :) A couple of my good friends and I went down to attend her wedding. On top of that, I went down there to do the bridal party's hair and my roommate helped to do make up!

The bride, Laura (many of you may know her as Ms. [Mrs?] Crepe on weddingbee!), did an amazing job with this wedding. Being the amazing artist she is, most things in her wedding were DIY projects for her and her hubster. My gosh, there was so much work put into it, but you would not believe how beautiful and magical this night was!










Anyway - Laura asked me to do her and her two bridesmaids' hair for the wedding. I was so nervous to do it because Laura is so artsy! -I was afraid I'd fail her!! It's like Lady Gaga asking me to write her a song. It'd be CRAZY and you know you'd have to up your game x1000! But... I think everything went well - one photographer deemed me as the faster braider he'd ever seen and another photographer asked me for my business card (which i did not have lol). It actually pushed me to want to set up a more professional website to put my portfolio and info! but I will talk more about that later ;)  

Anyway, here we go! 

The Maid of Honor asked for some loose curls with two braids at the top. A simple and classic look. 


The bridesmaid asked for a Lauren Conrad romantic chignon look. 


Lastly, the brideeeee wanted a romantic side updo with some extra texture involved. So I decided to add some little braids into the mix of her updo. She also wanted this cute little curl drooping from the side of her head. HAHA what a little artist! :D 


Laura = the new Kate Middleton and opted to do her own make up! :) 
She did such a great job!!! 
I hope you can see the braid detailing going on in her 'do! 




Wow to their wedding! It definitely dropped straight out of a fairy tale. Or maybe from a bridal magazine. It was such a beautiful and magical night. Congrats to the bride and groom! <3 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 comments:

JanandJill.com said...

Wow the hair looks amazing. That must have been a great memory to be at your good childhood friend's wedding. The hair looks so detailed and is truly beautiful. Nice post

xoDale
www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Wow you are super talented! The hair looks effortless and pretty!

Fi said...

Beautiful hair. Truly looks magical from the first picture :)

Jie Jie said...

love the hairstyle, so professional and elegant on her:)

Beauty Box said...

Very nice...I need ideas for my own wedding....

KAYYYYYY said...

sad, i wanted to see the front.

Jess said...

I would show the front, but I dont have permission to disclose the identity of the people in the photographs. :) sorry!

Anonymous said...

nice! i love your youtubes also!
benjamindoeshair.com

tnfreds said...

Hi - I am very very interested in the hairdos you have created! I am 54 (yes, ugh!) and have long hair. I work at an adult medical school that is very casual - students wear jeans. But I have to look somewhat professional during the school term. Can you suggest (pics, videos) of hair dos that will work for me? I have a round face and need heighth up top. I wear my hair with the front pinned up and poofed; then just messed curls in the back (made by twisting up the back ponytail into a bun and leaving out the curly ends.) I'd love something new though. I really wish I could learn how to pull the front part of my hair to the side and pin with a cute pin; then have some heighth and do something fun with the back - any ideas? Thanks!

Jess said...

Hi tnfreds!

You can email me at bubblesandbeautyblog@gmail.com, I would love to chat with you about this further! If you could possibly send a picture of yourself to me, I could better point you in the right direction! Thanks for your message xox

Sarah DLS said...

Awesome hair do. Found it on youtube and definitely gonna try it! Great job!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these updos! My friend wants me to do the lauren conrad inspired updo for her prom, but I was wondering if you did more like pincurls for the back or were they more stand up barrel curls that you did to create this look??? Thanks!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home