Fall Favorite: Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick

I guess my blog did work because thank god! It is finally beginning to cool down! So now I can really get into gear with my fall-ness! I even ventured off and bought some China Glaze nail polishes (for so cheap!) from their new vintage vixen line. I can't wait to show you.. they are SO gorgeous and so FALL! :) WHOOHOO!

Anyways, I have my very first review for you today!

Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick :)
Don't be deceived by the dark color! It comes out very sheer!
Below are some swatches:)

with flash

without flash

Pros: Feels like a wonderful lip balm when you first put it on. The color is PHENOMENAL! It's very subtle, natural and beautiful without being too much. It's a perfect light and little lipstick that can be carried around easily (I have the ugly old green plastic ones, but the metal ones look even nicer!) Also the price isn't extremely expensive! ($14)

Cons: This product is not very long lasting.. but I mean, what normal lip product is? I went out to meet my cousin for about 2 hours and I didn't bring the lipstick along with me. After about 1.5 hours, my lips felt dry and cracky and that wonderful balm feeling was gone :( My lips still had a bit of a tint, but it surely did not feel at all as nice as it did when I first put it on!

Cheaper Alternatives: Now I know that not everyone can afford a $14 tinted lip balm lol - so here are some near dupes that I've heard of :) Let me know if you've heard of or tried other dupes!

Palladio lip tint in Brownie
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Moisture Plump Lip Balm in Sweet Plum
Wet'n'Wild WildShine lipstick in "Luscious Shine" #326.

Conclusion:
It's the perfect fall shade and surprisingly suits EVERYONE! I was glancing through the web and came along the realbeauty.com website where they talked about shades of lipsticks (berry, pink, red, nude, etc.) that most seem to fit all skin tones. And not surprisingly Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick was the winner for the berry shade :) Take a look at how beautiful this one lipstick looks on all these ladies!!

(click the picture for a larger image)
(pictures originally from realbeauty.com)
Would I purchase again? Probably! The shade is just too beautiful to not... but I'll make sure to keep it in my pocket to reapply often ;)


Grade: A-


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments:

Ritzyy said...

hahha im the first to comment!!

i love berry.. too bad i dont look pretty in that color.. booooo

sharon said...

i love how lip color looks on people, but unfortunately my lips were not made for lipstick or lipgloss (you know why...). can't wait for fall!!! i love the berry colors and earthy tones :)

Lena said...

i love how thorough you are with your posts. with flash, without flash hehe <3

Unknown said...

more more more more!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home