May We Never Forget

Sep 11, 2012 |
It's hard to believe that 11 years passed since 9/11. It's even crazier to believe that the students I teach were not even born yet when this all happened. And something so sad and scary dawned on me... One day, students will read about 9/11 in textbooks and hear it as faraway stories... rather than it being much alive and affecting us, it will just be something that they read about in history.

As we remember this day, I'd like to share with you a poem that our principal read over the loudspeaker. It really touched my heart and hope it touches yours as well.

reading last years post on the 10th anniversary still makes my palms sweaty.

you still have a piece of my heart. 
may we never forget. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home