Becca First Light Priming Filter Review

Todayyy we shall be talking about the (kinda not that new) Becca First Light Priming Filter. I was sent this months ago and have been using it regularly (whenever I wear foundation) and now I have lots to say about it. lol :) 

The one thing I'm ALWAYS trying to do is brighten up my skin complexion. As I'm getting older (ugh birthday soon :-X), I find that dullness is becoming my worst enemy. I'm constantly looking for products to not only even out skin tone but to brighten.

Becca came out with this new primer to do a couple of things: 
A wake up call for the skin, First Light Filter Face Primer brightens lackluster and dull skin and instantly refreshes the complexion. It’s perfect for flaunting a fresh canvas for all-day makeup wear. Cool Light Technology softly scatters translucent, cool violet light to brighten and even out imperfections. Mineral-rich spring water, prickly pear flower, and sodium hyaluronate capture moisture to hydrate and revive skin. Ginger energizes the complexion and the fresh citrus notes create an awakening experience. The primer looks violet but goes on sheer, and the energizing citrus scent is the perfect first step for your morning routine. 
 Sounds great right? :P As a skeptic, I decided to give it a try for more than a couple of weeks to really see if it improved anything. I find that this is one of those so extremely subtle things, its hard to miss!

First off, I LOVED how it came in their pump. I have so many primers that are not a pump and I get them all over the place. One pump was more than enough for my whole face. 

Here is what one pump of product looks like.

Here is it spread out - but with a slightly thicker coat than I would usually spread on my face. This is just to give you an idea of the tones that you'll see. Definitely still spreads to a violet color. 

Here's the product completely spread out. 

So a breakdown of my thoughts: 

Hydration: It was definitely a hydrating primer, which I appreciated.. no ashiness, nor back lighting when taking photos. Almost felt like a gel moisturizer. It's also very fast absorbing.

Finish: Obviously, it leaves a luminous finish... However... I've tried Becca (and other companies') dewy primers and its slightly different. Whereas others give you just a 'dewy' affect, this one gives a different sheen (almost opal-ish). This results in a more subtly fresh look, rather than a highlighted look. The closest thing I can compare it to is to the "girl meets pearl" by Benefit, but without all those dang sparkles. 

Long lasting ability: It did a nice job of holding up my makeup throughout the day. Generally speaking, my makeup does a nice job of lasting, so I didn't see any differences or shortages in this area. 

Smell: This is the one thing I feel like people may complain about. It does have a relatively strong citrus smell. It actually smells like my favorite kitchen cleaner.. which I totally don't mind LOL. Once you place it on your face, in like 10 seconds when its absorbed in the skin, you can't smell it anymore. 

How I applied it: If you are going to put a full coverage foundation on - forget it. LOL, you definitely won't see this at all. On a day to day basis, I don't wear foundation. Instead, I just wear a little bit of concealer. When I primed with this product, and I put a light layer of concealer, I actually got multiple compliments that my skin looked super nice (someone thought I was pregnant too because of my glow.. UGH. nope. LOL). It had a healthy look without it looking like I put on highlight. 

Overall, I think this is an impressive product that could work for everyone. Although I know people want BAM! or BOOM! on your face, this is more of a subtle radiance that really shines through. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out! :)

This retails for $38 for 1 fl. oz. You can purchase this at sephora, ulta or beccacosmetics.com 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home