Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask

With winter in full force, my skin's a mess! It cant handle the weather changing and my skin has been patchy and oily and dry and all sorts of strange things. When I heard about the Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask, it sounded like a great item to try.

The new Glow Recipe Avocado Sleeping Mask is a creamy mask with avocado, honey and PHA to moisturize dry, dull skin overnight! It's a super rich cream that helps with dryness, dullness, uneven texture and loss of firmness and elasticity.

From sephora.com - here are the ingredients in product:
Highlighted Ingredients:- Avocado: Helps provide hydration and support natural collagen.- Manuka Honey: Provides antioxidants and soothing properties to refresh stressed out skin.- PHA (Polyhydroxy Acid): Provides a gentle exfoliation while you sleep.- Kaolin Clay: Pulls impurities from the skin without causing redness or irritation; and absorbs excess oils, decongests pores, and diminishes shine. 
Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also cruelty-free.


To me, it sounded like the perfect thing for my skin - it encompasses everything I needed for my dry but oily skin. It has products to help hydrate and plump (avo and honey), but also had products to exfoliate and pull out impurities (PHA and Clay).


I've tried it about 4 times. This product is to be used about 2-3x per week. After my whole skincare routine (double cleanse, essence, serum, moisturizer + oil), I used the spatula to scoop out some product. They say to use just a dime size (and do just use a dime size, because the first time I used too much) and I tap it onto my skin. This product was so thick and creamy and didn't slip and slide on my face.

It melted into my skin and absorbed pretty quickly, so I knew I wouldn't have a problem with the product getting all over my pillow. I could feel a slight tingling sensation which I supposed was the PHA (YASSS). When I woke up and washed my face, the first thing I noticed was that my skin did not feel dry or tight (hydration centrallll!). I also noticed that my skin patches had diminished a bit and were smoother. My skin also felt smoother and brighter. I will also say, that I saw some teeny "pimple" looking things around my chin area, and my guess that it was helping to purge out impurities. This did not scare me because this tends to happen to my skin a lot when I try new products that help to "clean out" my pores. It also clears up within a couple of days. 

By the 3rd use, my skin patches were still visible, but also visibly smaller. My skin had no more break outs and seemed plumper (although sometimes its hard to tell because my skin is always plump in the morning because I'm probably all swollen from all the drooling and sleep lmao). My favorite part of this product was seeing my hydration levels increase and seeing my skin looking brighter. It seemed less uneven and dull, which is my biggest problem in the winter.

Overall, I really enjoyed this product! I think that it's definitely worth trying. If you have sensitive skin, I would definitely get a sample to try on a patch of skin because if the PHA tingled on my skin, chances are someone with sensitive skin's reaction will be stronger.

You can purchase it here at sephora or on the glow recipe site for $45 for 80ml of product.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home