NEW! Drunk Elephant Slaai Make Up Melting Cleansing Balm



As a double cleansing queen, I live off of a good oil cleanser or cleansing balm. I'm always in the market for good, affordable ones, despite me having ones that I swear by. So... when Drunk Elephant came out with their new Slaai Make Up Melting Cleansing Balm, I did not even hesitate to purchase it.

For me, after using a makeup wipe, my second step is always to use an oil cleanser or a cleansing balm. Generally speaking, I tend to stick to oil cleansers, but then when I'm traveling or on the go, I always use cleansing balms. One of the only reasons why I stick to oil cleansers is because i hatttte sticking my finger into a balm (getting under my nails and knowing its not at hygienic), but I mean, those are just my little things. My step after that, is I use a foam cleanser to really wipe all the residue clean.

Along came this Slaai Makeup Cleansing Balm, and I swear it's like Drunk Elephant read my mind because this product is so intricate details that totally make it easier for a consumer to use a product. Details that you wish you had in other products, but you just began to accept that it was going to be this way. lol.

An overview of the product:
DE Cleansing Balm - 3.88 oz of product (they say about 120 uses)
Bamboo Booster - .10 oz of product (they say about 80 uses)



Packaging: It is a standard twist off cap cleansing balm... but you will not believe this. (lol because I nearly fell over with this one) It has an applicator spoon... that is MAGNETIC TO THE CAP. I can't tell you, how many times I lost applicators to cleansing balms and then had to dig my finger into it. This is just perfection.

Ingredients: As usual with Drunk Elephant products, it is all clean - no suspicious 6 products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical screens, fragrance/dyes and SLS) It also says to have a Fruit Salad Blend - which is a mix of non-fragrant fruit extracts and fruit oils from blueberry, strawberry, kiwi, cranberry, watermelon and acai. It also has a nourishing oil blend such as marula, baobab, kalahari melon, mongongo, and ximenia.

Extra Exfoliation: This is so innovative though.... instead of needing to use a completely different product, you can occasionally add in your bamboo booster into your cleansing balm which is bamboo and charcoal powder to gently exfoliate dead or dry skin. Creates a whole new, amazing product! (although I do wish this was magnetic too lmao!)

How I use: The way I use it, is I take a spoonful and apply it on my dry skin. I massage it around my face and then around my eyes. It's such a relaxing, therapeutic feel to be able to sit and massage this thick, luxurious oil all over your face (til you look in the mirror and see how crazy you look because all your makeup came off and is all over your face lmao). You then add water and it turns into a beautiful milky, creamy product that allows all the dirt and what not to come off. You can use a cloth (I do with all my cleansing balms), but unlike the other cleansing balms, I feel like my face is already clean without needing it. I still follow up with a foam cleanser, because that's what I'm used to, but my face feels beautiful, supple and cleansed already.



When using the bamboo booster, I was worried about it being too harsh, but the pieces are so fine that it was such a lovely exfoliation. It felt like it was so fine that it was really working deep into my darkest pores lmao. They say that if you use retinol, to try and rotate between these two as using both may be too harsh.



Upon first use: So I've only had this for 2 days and used it twice - but I'm already loving it so far. I have combo oily skin with a bit of dry patching, and I think no matter what skin my skin is in, this product will still work nicely. Although not an incredibly unique product, I feel like the fact that it is CLEAN, I feel more safe knowing that this will take better care of my skin. With the amazing packaging, magnetic spoon and the innovation of having the exfoliation added in, I feel like this will be a staple in my rotation of skincare products.

This product is $34 on sephora.com and on drunkelephant.com

Will you be picking this baby up??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home