Jouer Lip Enhancer Shine Balm Review + Swatches

I've been dying to try these since I was away this summer and I finally got to get my hands on these and boy, did these not disappoint! These are glossy and shiny and I'm loving this easy, on the go product!

The Jouer Lip Enhancer Shine Balm comes in 6 different shades at $18 per balm. If you order off of Jouer's website, there is always a 15% off code (CZoff I believe) that Christina (founder of Jouer) always offers. That means each lip balm ends up being $15.30.

In this six shade range, it ranges from a clear shade to a deep berry shade. Many of the shades lie in the neutral, wearable, every day shades. Personally, I love this mix - one clear, 3 neutrals, a red and a berry. I think the only thing that might have been missing is a brighter pink (but I don't care for those, so I"m happy with these shades! lol)

Below are the swatches and the shades on my lips:

L-R: Naturel (Translucent Light Pink), Peony (Tinted Peachy Pink), Amaryllis (Tinted Warm Brown Nude), Rose (Tinted Warm Pink), Poppy (Tinted Warm Red), Dahlia (Tinted Deep Berry)  


Naturel


Peony


Rose 


Amaryllis


Poppy


Dahlia
 Here are my thoughts on these balms:

Packaging: Its a beautiful, weighty packaging with a standard twist up product. Each package has a different (and beautiful) floral gold design. So far I've have no problems with it -- and it definitely feels more luxurious than that price point.

Moisturization: This is a definite YASSS! These are super hydrating and balmy despite the fact that they are tinted. It helps my lips reduce flakes and they do feel plumper after I use it.

Texture: The texture is more slippery than I thought it would be. It is a shine balm, so it adds LOTS of shine which I think can attribute to the slip. It's not thick or heavy, but leaves your lips feelings really nice and moisturized.

Pigmentation: I was pretty pleasantly surprised by how buildable the pigmentation is. Usually for tinted balms its either you get moisture or you get color, and this you definitely get both! Although it's not like full on the color of the tube, it gives you the perfect tint.

Lasting ability: Like most balms, this lasted 1-2 hours before it faded, however it's easy to reapply and keep in your bag. Some of the darker shades left a bit of a stain and left my lips hydrated even after the lip product was gone.

Overall, I'm loving these! I think that these are perfect for every day wear and that dahlia shade is going to be my go to shade for the fall and winter!!! For the price, I think it was worth every penny! I happen to pick them up at a bundle price which actually made them $13 and some change. I'm SO happy I picked them all up because I seriously am in love with every shade!

You can purchase yours on the jouer website or at sephora!
Which shade is your favorite?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home